Wheat Free, Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 3/4 cups oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil (or melted margarine if ok)
1 tbsp flax meal
1/4 cup Rice milk (I'm sure soy or regular milk would also be fine)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips, dairy free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together flax meal and rice milk. Add sugars and stir, add oil and vanilla and whisk vigorously until all ingredients are emulsified (about a minute).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet, leaving 1 1/2 inch of space between cookies.
- Bake 10-12 min. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 min. Using spatula, put them on cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
These were amazingly good! Even my husband and I enjoyed them. They definitely taste like oatmeal cookies, but that's not an issue for us. They were still very enjoyable. And my son was quite happy to be able to each chocolate chip cookies along with us!